Author Topic: Spinners...  (Read 6929 times)

Offline ratpatrol66

Spinners...
« on: August 16, 2017, 01:01:24 AM »
Hey SSS, since you are the man in the tower. Any idea how many spinners? The car I crew on spun twice and there were many more. So many they ran out of stickers, or as my Canadians call decos?

Offline noboD

Re: Spinners...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:05:13 AM »
I had a completely different mental picture in mind when I opened this thread.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:21:37 AM »
So did I..Patti is 5`0"................. :evil:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »
what do you mean by spinners and what are these decals you are talking about?  :?

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:08:22 PM »
When you spin on the salt/dirt, swap ends while proceeding down the track, you can go thru the lights backwards and it still counts.You get a sticker on your car and a Pin for your hat. Roadsters are the most proficient at this function. I have experience at this...
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline RichFox

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »
The yellow spin sticker comes from tech who inspects the car to see if they can find a reason for the spin. If you spin again, and present your car for inspection with a yellow sticker already on it. They are going to look very closely and maybe have a long talk with the driver.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 04:33:08 PM »
Ah now I understand. Having only braced bikes I had no idea what you were talking about as most bikes would not have any bodywork left to put a sticker on if the spun!   :-D 

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:48:28 PM »
The yellow ones, in fact all of them are no badge of honor. The little red and white one we have was from inspection and the pins were sold by the Ladies Auxiliary as I remember. Never bought one and never wanted to. My son spun once at 180... It was not fun, we made a chissis adjustment and it never has again.

One of the fastest short wheelbase roadster of Sadd, Teague and Bentley never spun. A tribute to an excellant build and great driving....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro