Landracing Forum Home
November 21, 2017, 08:54:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: El Mirage To Be or Not To Be  (Read 584 times)
fastesthonda_jim

Ready to Rock 2003

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:25:12 AM »

I guess I'm just not getting through.  I'm of the opinion that ONE more Back Door and we may never race again.  I'm not talking about "only" going out at 50 or 60mph, I'm talking about the front of a car/bike going out 5".
We Currently have about a one mile shut down area.  At the end of that is a line perpendicular to the race course, that is the "mini" Back Door and, I believe, carries a mini Back Door penalty of no points or no record or something (I forget).  About 1/4 mile beyond that (I may have some of these distances wrong) is a funnel of cones leading down to a point.  That is the "Threats of cancelling the meet" Back Door.  THAT is the door that was violated four times.
Now I don't care about license suspensions.  Personally I asked for this discussion in the spirit of taking what ever was offered, but IMO discussion of license suspension is a complete waste of time.  Even if the penalty was cutting off someone's right foot, there's a good chance we would still have cars go out the Back.
And don't forget, we are a volunteer organization.  So adding jobs, responsibility and not racing time to a volunteer's weekend, seems a bit counterproductive.
And as to rookie licenses, and all, well, I'll just say that I know of at least one rookie whose first pass ever at Bonneville was 240+ in a roadster.
Okay.  Back to all y'all.

2006 SCTA High Points Champeen
2006 Dirty "2" Wrench Of The Year
Bonneville "2" Club 2003
El Mirage Dirty "2"'s 2006
Bonneville Records: G/GS, F/GS (Boy)  G/FS (Girl)
El Mirage Records: F/BFS, F/FS, F/GS, I/FS, I/GS, K/BGS
FIA Records A, II, 8
Unlimited License
300mph line qualified (305.129 best mile speed)
The older half of San Diego's Fastest Couple
2016 Man of Distinction Award
37str
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Today at 01:45:51 AM »

The problem is not the course, it is the drivers, they go well past the lights before pulling there chute. the shutdown area is over a mile long, that should be more than enough room to stop. The chute should be pulled in the lights, so it will come out as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: