Author Topic: 2017 Rule book!  (Read 12643 times)

Offline Billy @ AHG

Re: 2017 Rule book!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
Alston or Mark Williams may have front clips in there catalogs, with pictures.

Here's my point, Now any gearhead from 10 years old up knows what a frame clip is. I have built hot rods and cruisers using 'clips' . but until its defined in the rule book , it's hearsay . Remember when they mandated "Window safety film" but refused to give a description or specs. that was a mess.  :dhorse:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:01:25 AM by Billy @ AHG »
Salt Junkie

Offline MRK

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 11:00:38 AM »
Alston or Mark Williams may have front clips in there catalogs, with pictures.

Here's my point, Now any gearhead from 10 years old up knows what a frame clip is. I have built hot rods and cruisers using 'clips' . but until its defined in the rule book , it's hearsay . Remember when they mandated "Window safety film" but refused to give a description or specs. that was a mess.  :dhorse:

Your point is understood and as I stated previously, it will be tabled at the next meeting of the rules committee and a definition included in the 2018 rule book. An oversight for sure but as you state above, "Now any gearhead from 10 years old up knows what a frame clip is" so hopefully whoever decides to "clip" their truck will be older than 10 and build or use a suitable frame clip that passes tech. Hopefully, whoever does decide to modify their vehicle consults with the truck committee before making the modifications.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline dw230

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 11:37:15 AM »
This post leads me wonder how many items in the rule book are unknown to the builders. If an item like frame clip, which has been in the book for years, is confusing what else is out there?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Billy @ AHG

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »
Are you referring to section 2-C ?  Now this helps to define the issue of frames in general. But you have to combine Specifications and class restrictions for a clear understanding .  Do I have this correct ?  Seems it could have been done much more simply. Like including a description in section 4.
OK, I'm putting this to bed. thanks Mike and Dan .
RT
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:44:01 PM by Billy @ AHG »
Salt Junkie

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 09:34:52 AM »
Its funny how every motorsports group builds their own vocabulary to define rules & regulations. 
If you're not "in the know" it may seem very ambiguous and foreign. 
If you wrote the rules, you may not understand why others would have questions.   :cheers:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.