Author Topic: Bombshell Betty for sale again! Sad Jeff Brock had to sell it to fight cancer  (Read 10703 times)

Offline Stan Back

Please note that my friend Jeff will not benefit from this sale.  He had already sold it.

(As to having "no brakes" -- it ain't so.)

Hopefully the "fund-it" account is correct.

Stan Back (Part-time Chassis Consultant)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline GH

Great photos and text. I hope Jeff is getting well.

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
I talked to the people that are selling the car and i was told that the car has no brakes that it must coast to a stop. Was also told that there is no master cylinder hooked to the brake pedal. How can a car with no brakes pass tech inspection.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Kinda expensive way to get a master cylinder.  Couldn't the dude find said brake parts elsewhere -- so he bought the car, stripped off what he needed and is selling the rest? :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
It's going to be a tough sell for the folks in St. Louis.  Went for 36k+ at Barrett Jackson, didn't meet reserve on eBay at 25k. 

I have no idea what MotoExotica hopes to net from this car, but it's sad watching this thing getting kicked around like a red-headed stepchild.

The first time we saw it, Kate and I walked around "Betty" in the parking lot at Montego Bay for probably 20 minutes.  There's a disheveled elegance and purposefulness to this car - a "Hot Rod Noir" feel, for lack of a better term.

It would be cartoonish or comical if it weren't for the fact that the car simply delivered the goods.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Stan Back

It had brakes when it ran.  Never had a problem.

Who knows what's been done to it the last several years.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Jeff had the creative hot rodder/artist genes in working order when he built the car -- and adding an old vacuum cleaner as the bug catcher was genius at work.  Best wishes, Jeff.  Thanks for the fun we had with you and your car and your crew and you.  Get well, come on back for a visit, okay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
"Hot Rod Noir"... I like that, Chris.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Mr. Schimstock

I think the current sellers are crazy... they quoted me a price of $82,500!  I don't think it will be going anywhere for a while.
Sproing, crack, ouch!

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
They see new Warhol art, we see old race car.

Maybe Apple should buy it and put it in their new lobby,,,
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline jpm49c

Now it $94,900 . That's Sad.  Sorry Brock! Hope Your doing Ok!

http://www.motoexotica.com/inventory/listing/1952-buick-super-riviera-bombshell-betty/

Offline Bratfink

I think the current sellers are crazy... they quoted me a price of $82,500!  I don't think it will be going anywhere for a while.

They told me they wanted $125k! It's certainly a beautiful car but no-one (in the real world) can afford to campaign it at that buy in. Maybe a rich auto art collector might buy it and put it on a turn table in their living room.

Offline noboD

I got to see it and touch it, something I will always remember. I hope Jeff is improving.

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
Re: Bombshell Betty for sale again! Sad Jeff Brock had to sell it to fight cancer
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:41:58 PM »
Jeff, according to his facebook page, is doing well and is back into his art,,,,
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography