Landracing Forum Home
December 15, 2017, 05:19:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 200MPH Vintage Class Bike Build  (Read 21797 times)
PorkPie

think fast.....always

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2017, 01:44:41 AM »

Alp, met you and Jameika (hope I spelled that right) in the 6 parking lot during engine rebuild.  Very well made bike for those that did not get to see it. 
Looking forward to your continued success  cheers

I remember, you were with the Target 550 team. Thank you.

Well, there was a lot of folks talking to you and following your rebuild......

Stainless is from the Bockscar Team, tall fellow, he can look in your eyes without looking up and mostly, when in the Motel 6 parking lot, he is holding a bottle of beer....there was also Doc Freud (Target 550)....an older, very interesting chap who can tell you the greatest story of Don Vesco and bike racer from the 70's, Bret (Kepner) the TV man, he done some picture with his phone.....it was me (Bockscar and Target 550), when Bret was at the place...this guy with the strange accent...sounds like he could be a biker from Germany...

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member
astek

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:47 PM »

Well, there was a lot of folks talking to you and following your rebuild......

Stainless is from the Bockscar Team, tall fellow, he can look in your eyes without looking up and mostly, when in the Motel 6 parking lot, he is holding a bottle of beer....there was also Doc Freud (Target 550)....an older, very interesting chap who can tell you the greatest story of Don Vesco and bike racer from the 70's, Bret (Kepner) the TV man, he done some picture with his phone.....it was me (Bockscar and Target 550), when Bret was at the place...this guy with the strange accent...sounds like he could be a biker from Germany...

I knew I was wrong Smiley  Thanks PorkPie, It was a busy night. I also talked to Marlo Treit and Bret took pictures that evening for a BangShift feature, we were exhausted but it was fun to talk to you guys! Here is the article from that evening. https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bonneville-rebuilding-amazing-motorcycle-bed-truck-sitting-front-motel-6-hotel-room/

edinlr

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »

Great job Alp, I would have stopped to help but I was over at the Montego Bay changing a clutch and oil pump in their parking lot.

Honda CX650 turbo
ggl205

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2017, 08:57:46 PM »

Wow! I saw this bike at WOS and it is far better looking in person. Superb craftsmanship and a killer bike.

John
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: