Landracing Forum Home
October 19, 2017, 12:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycle Production Class questions  (Read 3140 times)
MarkT
New folks

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »

In the rulebook it states that I'll need to provide "suitable documentation of the original production design". 

I'm working on an old (but low mileage original) Yamaha from the 1970's.  I have the original owner's manual and the original factory service manual.  Both have pictures of the bike.  Does anyone know if that would be "suitable documentation"?   Or any suggestions on what other documentation I should start hunting down?

Second question is if there is any chance of an "M" class ever opening at El Mirage?  That sure would make racing more desirable.  If I read the rule book correctly right now my only choices at El Mirage are production or altered (most likely APS). 
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »

Production pictures in either or both of those should meet the requirement.  Production is stock appearing... identical to how the factory made it, with any modifications completely hidden from view.
Nobody remembers what that bike looked like when it was new, that is why they want documentation.
Have fun with your project  cheers

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
dw230

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »

Funny you should mention the M frame class at El Mirage. Just two weeks ago the board voted down a proposed rule change which would blend the M class into the El Mirage mix.
One of the determining factors was that this move would add 360 new classes to El Mirage where we only get approx. 100 total entries each meet.

DW

White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.
John Noonan

Location: 6 X 200 club member: El Mirage 2 Club, Bonneville 2 Club, Australia 2 Club, Maxton, 2 Club, Mojave 2 Club, Bubs 201 Club

286 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »

Funny you should mention the M frame class at El Mirage. Just two weeks ago the board voted down a proposed rule change which would blend the M class into the El Mirage mix.
One of the determining factors was that this move would add 360 new classes to El Mirage where we only get approx. 100 total entries each meet.

DW

If they voted down adding "M" classes I am all for it and agree, now the car classes are messed up for sure.  Take a piece of cardboard and tape it to the front and you are in altered  grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: