Author Topic: Motorcycle Production Class questions  (Read 8471 times)

Offline MarkT

• New folks
Motorcycle Production Class questions
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
In the rulebook it states that I'll need to provide "suitable documentation of the original production design". 

I'm working on an old (but low mileage original) Yamaha from the 1970's.  I have the original owner's manual and the original factory service manual.  Both have pictures of the bike.  Does anyone know if that would be "suitable documentation"?   Or any suggestions on what other documentation I should start hunting down?

Second question is if there is any chance of an "M" class ever opening at El Mirage?  That sure would make racing more desirable.  If I read the rule book correctly right now my only choices at El Mirage are production or altered (most likely APS). 

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Motorcycle Production Class questions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:21:59 PM »
Production pictures in either or both of those should meet the requirement.  Production is stock appearing... identical to how the factory made it, with any modifications completely hidden from view.
Nobody remembers what that bike looked like when it was new, that is why they want documentation.
Have fun with your project  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »
Funny you should mention the M frame class at El Mirage. Just two weeks ago the board voted down a proposed rule change which would blend the M class into the El Mirage mix.
One of the determining factors was that this move would add 360 new classes to El Mirage where we only get approx. 100 total entries each meet.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
Funny you should mention the M frame class at El Mirage. Just two weeks ago the board voted down a proposed rule change which would blend the M class into the El Mirage mix.
One of the determining factors was that this move would add 360 new classes to El Mirage where we only get approx. 100 total entries each meet.

DW

If they voted down adding "M" classes I am all for it and agree, now the car classes are messed up for sure.  Take a piece of cardboard and tape it to the front and you are in altered  :-D