Landracing Forum Home
October 17, 2017, 08:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Pickup/Mini Truck  (Read 5461 times)
Billy @ AHG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »

Dan, or Mike .  some time ago we discussed the location of stock fuel tanks , when it came to pickups, I know the book sez if it's in the cab it has to be removed. Ok, but you guys mentioned something about if not, the tank has to be physically in the stock location, however it does not have to be used, A fuel cell is the obvious way to go.
However for the life of me I cannot find such a thing mentioned in the book. This is Production class of course,  can you give me a paragraph or something to refer to ?? Thanks, Richard, AKA, Billy.

Salt Junkie
NathanStewart

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »

Some things are inferred to in the rules (ie not actually printed).  Production category states that vehicle must be aerodynamically "stone stock".  This would include retaining exterior fuel tanks BUT for safety purposes, the stock tank doesn't need to actually be used to hold fuel.  It just needs to be there to fill the hole it originally lived in so that it's removal doesn't give an aerodynamic advantage.  If a truck has an in-cab gas tank, it can be replaced with a bed mounted fuel cell legally since there was no exterior gas tank to begin with. 

El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member
MRK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »

Dan, or Mike .  some time ago we discussed the location of stock fuel tanks , when it came to pickups, I know the book sez if it's in the cab it has to be removed. Ok, but you guys mentioned something about if not, the tank has to be physically in the stock location, however it does not have to be used, A fuel cell is the obvious way to go.
However for the life of me I cannot find such a thing mentioned in the book. This is Production class of course,  can you give me a paragraph or something to refer to ?? Thanks, Richard, AKA, Billy.

Trucks running in PP, MP or BMP classes MUST have the cab mounted gas tank removed. See pages 88 and or 95 of the 2017 rule book.
Coupes and Sedans running in Production classes must retain the stock gas tank but it does not need to be used.

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen
GW
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

Please explain "...must retain the stock gas tank but it does not need to be used."

GW
jacksoni

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 11:37:45 AM »

Please explain "...must retain the stock gas tank but it does not need to be used."

GW

Read Nathan Stewart's response 2 up.

Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 169.741  2009
 G/GMS-178.835 2010
dw230

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »

Pretty simple.

Keep the tank, don't use it.

DW

White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.
Stainless1
Administrator

Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele Wichita, Kansas

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 10:21:41 PM »

Production classes usually require things like the gas tank be in place, but does not have to be used.  We used ours for a water tank back in the 70's when we ran GT.

Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, MSA Bockscar Lakester with a little N20 
MSA Bockscar Lakester #1000 my fastest mile 245 and change, 84 ci turbobusa motor... but Corey's 233 MPH H/BFL record is still 3MPH faster than mine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: