Author Topic: ECTA - Tail and front fender in A & M open classes.. not PS  (Read 4171 times)

Offline MiltonP

ECTA - Tail and front fender in A & M open classes.. not PS
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
This is an ECTA question!  I have to state first that I am looking at the 2014 rule book as there is a blizzard between me and my 2015 book!  I am also a tech inspector but suffering from the typical off-season brain-freeze.    :-o  I am getting a tank and tail for naked class Blackbird and spotted a few items I wasn't sure about.  It looks clear that a tail in the naked classes can not go more than 3" beyond a vertical line at rear edge of tire. No change since 2014, right?

I noted that we specify a front fender in A class must not extend below a horizontal line five inches above the axle.  Makes sense we don't want much, if any aero gains in a naked class.  What seemed strange to me then was that we allow a fender extending to horizontal with the axle in M class.  Did that change since 2014?  Don't need a debate, just want to verify.  Thanks and see you in the Spring!

Milt

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Re: ECTA - Tail and front fender in A & M open classes.. not PS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 12:39:49 PM »
Milt, Fender sections 7.F.4, 4.1, 4.2 are the same in 2014 & 2015. 7.G.4 refers to the previous sections. Section 7.G.10, the 3" rule added in bold in 2014 is now included in 2015. The blizzard missed us north of Cincinnati - keep shoveling!  :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 03:36:13 PM »
Thanks Woody,  Order placed for the super sport tail versus the +4" drag tail.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 11:21:05 PM »
Milton MPS allows the even with the axle fender, M is 5 inches above in the SCTA book, which is usually mirrored by the ECTA book
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O