Author Topic: It's Christmas/VALENTINE'S DAY - and landracing.com could use LOVE/presents  (Read 36084 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
The site could sure use a few bucks -- that's the present I mean.  I haven't been all that actively scrounging for $$ recently 'cause not all that much has been going on.  But it's time to pan for the next year - and some of the "coverage" I want to offer here is gonna take more than what's in the kitty for traveling and such, so it's up to you.

I got a shipment of '15 Mojave Mile participant shirts just yesterday.  Mike Spacek got them to me to offer to youse guys in exchange for some funds to help keep the site going.  Yes, Don, these are the shirts that you paid for last summer.  I'll get yours out - finally.  We've got L and X-L sizes -- four or five of each.

I don't have the right camera here so I'll take a shot of the shirt and post it later.  The shirts are the MM special event shirt.  As I remember -- Don established the price at something like $55 each - which pays for postage and still a nice donation to the site.  Get in touch with me and feel free to use the PayPal button anywhere on the site.

Mike also sent five each of two DVDs.  I just opened the box this morning - haven't watched anything yet.  Both are Mark Brazeau's work.  One is 2014 SCTA Highlights and the other one is the SCTA SpeedWeekEnd at the Mojave Air & Space Port.

I know that Mark would be tickled to have you buy one of these from him - so if you buy it from me please be willing to pay more than you'd give him, okay?  No, I don't know his prices - but I'm just askin' you to be fair to him and think of your payment as a donation to the website and he gives you a nice present to help soothe the hit to your wallet.

So - line up and email or PM or something and get me a few bucks to keep things getting better and better, okay?  And yes -- I'll get some photos up here really soon.  I promise. :-D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 08:13:49 AM by SPARKY »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: It's Christmas - and landracing.com could use a few presents
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:08:54 AM »
No SSS it's Feb.  the month that has Valentines---so lets throw some love your way---I have a $ 500. Gift Certificate from

STAND 21

I won it from the raffle at the SCTA Banquet Sat. Night--  thanks to Yves Morizot  and the Stand 21 team!!

I offer it with and minimum bid of at least $250. to Landracing.com

how do we wish to do this?

http://www.stand21na.com/products.r-2/  Thanks Jack
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:01:14 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jacksoni

Re: It's Christmas - and landracing.com could use a few presents
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »
No SSS it's Feb.  the month that has Valentines---so lets throw some love your way---I have a $ 500. Gift Certificate from

STAND 21

I won it from the raffle at the SCTA Banquet Sat. Night--  thanks to Yves Morizot  and the Stand 21 team!!

I offer it with and minimum bid of at least $250. to Landracing.com

how do we wish to do this?
Since I didn't know, looked them up. Make/market safety equipment. Swell deal!  http://www.stand21na.com/products.r-2/
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline handyguy

• BANTAM FOURPLAY
Austin / Austin  bids $300 ..   FOURPLAY needs a larger helmet to contain  a larger head from thinking the car will be ready for ELMO , pass inspection , and run as fast as her new (hopeful ) # 104 !!!    STEVE

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Sparky, I don't believe it.  After the stories that Linda has told us about you -- I didn't think you were such a great fellow :evil: but this offer is just so nice I gotta take back all of the nasty stuff* I ever thought about you.

*  'Course that isn't all that very much, so everyone -- let's tell Mr. Smith that we appreciate his offer.  I'm gonna tell you something that maybe he'd rather I didn't.  But -- Sparky is a contributor to this site more than just about anyone.  I can't thank him enough.

I don't mean that you should just go and bid up the offer he's made.  I mean that we should all thank him for helping keep this site running. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Thanks Bill/Sparky. Whatis Stand 21?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Fred, look on your participant shirts from Bville back four or five years, I think.  They were big sponsors -- on a couple of my shirts.  They're a safety organisation that I don't know much about.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
I just well understand there are no free rides

---as the 60's bumper sticker said  Gas Grass or  :dhorse:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Whatever the reason, a few of youse guys have very kindly stepped up and sent some $$ to the site.

I'll get to thanking you individually tomorrow, but for now - once again, it's gonna be okay.  Keep the $$ coming and I'll try to keep supplying good information and a fun platform (isn't that a cool and trendy word?) for land speed racing.

Thanks, thanks. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Who ever is highest bidder at 12:00 AM Phoenix time pay SSS by 2-14-2016  I mail them the  Stand 21 gift Certificate

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: It's Christmas/VALENTINE'S DAY - and landracing.com could use LOVE/presents
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »
Slim confirm receiving Austin's  Bid received -----and I will get the certificate to him!!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: It's Christmas/VALENTINE'S DAY - and landracing.com could use LOVE/presents
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 10:38:38 PM »
Slim, any word on my book bid... and did you find the old T's I wanted  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O