Author Topic: Practically no posts 9/5/15?  (Read 21191 times)

Offline Jack Gifford

Practically no posts 9/5/15?
« on: September 06, 2015, 01:22:08 AM »
Let me guess- was the website down for some part of the day (I'm only on here in the wee hours, so don't see it in the "daytime")? I can count on one hand the number of new posts since 24 hours ago.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Practically no posts 9/5/15?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:31:32 AM »
I think that's just the way it was Jack. I logged on several times during the day and there was no activity. The site seemed to be operating just fine. I guess no one had much to say.  :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :-D

Pete

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:14:09 AM »
No Speed Week, WOS and all that's going on.
I guess most guys are upset and all the excitement and motivation is gone.

I've also seen the same thing.
The vibe is different.  :-(

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:35:10 AM »
No Speed Week, WOS and all that's going on.
I guess most guys are upset and all the excitement and motivation is gone.

I've also seen the same thing.
The vibe is different.  :-(

Mike:

My enthusiasm is shot. Actually not, like Noah I just keep building my Ark regardless of what people say about the drought. I just bought two 78mm  Turbonetic turbos and I am in the process of building the headers and exhaust plumbing. I have a new intake that will allow me to remove the tunnel ram and big hood scoop so I can  run a 4" inch cowl hood which will clean up my frontal area some. Once I get it all plumbed and leak tested, I pull the engine. New crank, rods, pistons, cam and valve springs. Not knowing a lot about turbos it has forced me to read, learn, ask questions and to me that is fun...not as fun as sitting in the staging lane in a 3 layer fire suit in the salt desert, but fun. The best part is.... the blown D record is a few mph lower than the naturally aspirated D record!

I suspect most people had their car/bike ready if not almost ready and maybe there is not a lot of activity.  Of course there are some of us that cannot leave anything alone.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:05:12 AM »
There is a lot going on.     Lots of projects going hot and heavy, but for future competitions.

Most people are just not talking, probably "bummed out" about the lack salt and the future implications of same.

:cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 09:34:17 AM »
like Noah I just keep building my Ark regardless of what people say about the drought.

Well put, Bill.

Jumping through all the hoops to change to BMST motorcycle rules after Speedweek was cancelled, while knowing I couldn't run the body that took me 5 months to build, and then BMST getting cancelled, really knocked the wind out of my sails.  But Bonneville's future is really the grey cloud over my head.

But I'm going to press on with the intent of building something that I know is the absolute best that I can make it.
Like a sculptor creating something that just sits there.

But I'll have my fingers crossed.
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 11:02:14 AM »
I was off on a jaunt to acquire a really beat up GMC pu bed trailer with a Dana 44 with leaf springs for $220. plus 425 miles of gas for my 70 GMC cab and my 72 swb with coil springs.  My wife says I now have no more excuses --by this time next year it better be running and not just different parts all around my shop.  Now the hard part deciding how to build it--4X4 -- hot 2wd-- mildly warmed up Vortec 350,     LS 6.2  or a nice little cruiser with a 4.3
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 12:08:47 PM »
We're at the Marquette Area Blues Fest and busy with our volunteer jobs -- so I'm barely able to read the stuff even though there isn't much.  Today's the last day, at least - so tomorrow I'll be back in force, if you will.

Enjoy the day, folks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RansomT

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »
The Colorado Mile and the Harvest Event (Loring) is going on this weekend.