Author Topic: NISSAN SKYLINE S/W V8 E/GC  (Read 4532 times)

Offline DON NOBLE

• New folks
NISSAN SKYLINE S/W V8 E/GC
« on: August 29, 2006, 01:21:14 AM »
Hello from Australia .

1st bit of an introduction . I have been racing a 1986 Nissan Skyline station wagon at our annual salt lake event . Have competed 4 times and drove the car to and from the event , a 3000 mile round trip . This car is also my daily driver and work hack for my business . I hold the F/PRO record @ 140 mph and the F/GC record @ 141 mph in the DLRA .
Have taken the wagon to the drags and have done a best of 14.1 @ 97 mph . Me i,m 55 yrs not grown up type person .

NOW the new project E/GC
Same sort of car , 1989 Nissan Skyline station wagon ( rust free ).
 I have bought a front half Nissan Cima with a 4100 cc V8 . Has all the goodies as standard like 32 valve , quad cam ,titanium valves with roller rockers, 6 bolt mains , forged crank and rods , variable valve timing and of course fuel injection , all alloy head block and sump . Sposed to put out around 280 hp stock .
As you can guess its going in the wagon . Have been doing a fair amount of research and questioning those in the know on these engines ( mainly guys on the NICO website ) . My biggest challenge is the wiring up as i wish to use the stock ecu and fuel injection . Have received wiring diagrams from a guy in Alabama ( would be lost with out it )
In 2 weeks time my lady will be away in New Zealand for a week , SO i am going to close the doors of my fabricating business and stab the V8 into the wagon .
GOT THE BUG WHEN I WENT TO BONNEVILLE IN 1996 . RACED AT SALT LAKE SPEED TRIALS IN AUSTRALIA
Record holder at Lake Gairdner ,Australia
F/PRO 140.2 mph 2003
F/GC   141.1 mph 2006
Migrated to New Zealand April 2009 ( From Brisbane Australia )

Offline DON NOBLE

• New folks
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »
Heres some pics of the F/PRO and F/GC car mentioned above
GOT THE BUG WHEN I WENT TO BONNEVILLE IN 1996 . RACED AT SALT LAKE SPEED TRIALS IN AUSTRALIA
F/PRO 140.2 mph 2003
F/GC   141.1 mph 2006

Offline aspera

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 10:54:30 AM »
Is that an RB30?  Aren't they supposed to be super rare Australia only engines?

The Cima V8 is the same as an Infiniti V8 from a Q45, right?

Any way you can lower your wagon to decrease the frontal area?  I would think that you'd have a good chance of tapping into some of the Skyline aftermarket parts with that car.

Offline DON NOBLE

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »
yep thats an rb30 . Not rare here as they had them nissan skylines for 4 yrs and holden commodores for about 3 yrs . you can pick them up cheap now . they were only made as sohc 12 valve . I fitted a dohc 24 valve head off an import rb25de .
Cima engine nearly identical to the infinity engine , except cima engine is 400 cc smaller , and fits nicely in E class size engines . Going to run it in E/GC .
Yep i should lower it a bit more , but would have to do it when i get to the lake . I need the suspension up high for the last 90 miles of road to the lake . Its an unsealed road and can get a bit rough in places . I do swap the back springs over when i get there , to at least  get the back end down .
Heres 2 pics of the road in ( last 90 miles ), the good and the bad .
Where you from ASPERA ?
F/PRO 140.2 mph 2003
F/GC   141.1 mph 2006

Offline aspera

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 07:38:29 PM »
I'm in Kansas City, Missouri.

That looks like a road made for a WRX. :D