Author Topic: Hey - there's finally a Volkswagen board!  (Read 23898 times)

Offline VWCOOL

• New folks
Re: Hey - there's finally a Volkswagen board!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »
Thanks BB! Yes I will be busy in the coming weeks; after this weekends event, I must remove and reinstall the engine into Salty (the '74) for the Snowy 1000. I also need to install some bracing for the gearbox... and fit stiffer torsion bars, too. With nothing more than a lowering job, Salty doesn't like launching...!

Offline bvilletom

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 04:28:06 PM »
How did you register on this site your introduction information.  I can't seem to find the right combination.

Bvilletom (Tom Bruch)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »
Tom, it's easy enough - once you know how. :roll:  Go to the Forum's home page and select "Introduce Yourself".  It's the second thread down from the top.  Once there you should go to the far right of the page and select, under "last post", the "re: Introduce Yourself".  That's going to take you to the most recent post (obviously).  Look around and you'll find the button labeled "Reply".  I know, it's not marked "Start" -- but trust me, you do start there.

Give it a try -- and thanks for joining the Forum.  If you haven't -- well, that's why you can't post anything yet.  When you join/when you joined -- please also fill out your location.  City/state is fine.  We like to know something about where you are.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 36hplandspeedracer

• Age 70
Dick Beiths 1961 VW Record Run Video
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 06:47:41 PM »
I don't know if this will transfer (it is L-o-n-g......1:20), but if it does, it is well worth the watch. It is from an old VHS tape I acquired showing a documentary on the 1961 Bonneville Speedweek. It is black & white, scratchy, totally OLD technology and fantastic showing Dick Beith setting his 1961 K36 VW Beetle record (it still stands today 52 years later!), Mickey Thompson, Dean Moon, Craig Breedlove, the Summers brothers and more. Enjoy.............................

Burly

http://share.yesvideo.com/s#/share/54552061e87f3de01f004450/movies/54552061e87f3de01f00448b

Offline noboD

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »
Excellent video.

Offline Fiatdude

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »
Here's my entry into the VW group -- Burly has been working hard to get it so I can bring my E85 powered Ghia to the Salt

I've got a 2989 turbo engine with EFI in it

• Age 70
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 10:56:19 AM »
That we are FiatDude. Wish us luck in getting the rule change you need OKed! The meeting is tomorrow night so hopefully we will have some word by the end of the weekend..................Burly

Offline aircooledtechguy

• Nate's AircooledTech
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
What rule needs to be changed for your car to qualify??  I hope to see that thumper run!! 8-)
Regards,

Nate M.
Anacortes, WA
Owner: ProVolks LLC

• Age 70
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 12:48:06 PM »
The use of E85 fuel in the 130/150 MPH Clubs. Currently it is not legal. Wish us luck Nate...............................Burly

Offline Fiatdude

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 04:39:44 PM »
Burly just sent me an email saying that they've changed the rules for me by allowing E85 to be used in the 130 and 150 street classes

• Age 70
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 06:05:30 PM »
Congratulations Harold for raising the question. Hope to see you in September on the salt.......................................Burly

Offline aircooledtechguy

• Nate's AircooledTech
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 10:35:44 AM »
Congrats!!  See you in September!!
Regards,

Nate M.
Anacortes, WA

• Age 70
Type 64 Coming To The 36hp Challenge
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »
Below are two new photos of the T64 dash and engine compartment plus reposts of earlier photos that became deleted. Hopefully these will not disappear a second time! While you can see progress is being made, this will be the last update post for awhile.

The publicity this car has generated created a problem for the builders with too many interruptions from both media and curious observers calling and stopping by the shop(s) and it has seriously slowed their ability to spend time completing the T64 versus "talking about it"! Any further updates will be at the discretion of the builders and it is requested that all contact with them be deferred until after completion of this very special 36hp Challenge racer.

Thanx so much for your understanding and patience.

Burly

Offline aircooledtechguy

• Nate's AircooledTech
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
The craftsmanship and detail on this car is simply stunning thus far.  I look forward to getting a chance to hopefully see it in person some day.  This is easily one of the most significant and historically relevant VW-based cars built in the last 50+ years.
Regards,

Nate M.
Anacortes, WA