Author Topic: Breedlove/Fossett car for sale  (Read 16470 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Breedlove/Fossett car for sale
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 02:01:12 AM »
  Project 100 Communications Ltd.  Sounds like one of you Bloody Limies to me.

:-D :cheers: :-D :cheers: :-D :cheers: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Offline jimlsr1

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 12:19:59 PM »
Hi All

Has the car been sold (does any one know) 8-)

Keep the shiny side up

Offline Stuart Radnofsky

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 02:46:09 PM »
Thanks for asking - the entire Fossett Absolute Land Speed Record project (complete car, spares, tools, custom transporter, etc) is still for sale.

The August ad we ran in Autoweek along with other media mentions / word of mouth have all generated renewed interest. Since late summer we have been in discussions with at least three serious parties.

Hope this info helps!

- Stuart

Offline MX304

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 11:11:44 AM »
The car is now displayed in the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum in Denver. I don't know if it is on loan or if the car was donated to the museum.

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 06:43:32 PM »
Why did Craig Breedlove sell the car?
What changes did Steve Fossett do to the car after he purchased it?
How much did Steve invest in it and what is it worth now?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:10:08 PM by J79 »
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 03:16:27 PM »
Of course - there was Craig Breedlove's interview article in the latest Hot Rod.  He had a few comments about the potential of the car.

Here is that article: http://www.hotrod.com/news/craig-breedlove-americas-600-mph-man/

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »
Hi All. Has the car been sold (does any one know) 8-)

I spoke to a person who knows and he said the car was donated to the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum in Denver, it is NOT for sale and will never race again.