Author Topic: K Streamliner  (Read 34671 times)

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: K Streamliner
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2013, 12:35:02 AM »
I share Jim's concern about clutches not releasing.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline jdincau

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 01:04:36 PM »
     Had a great test session at El Mirage yesterday. Russ drove down from Salem bringing the quad we are going to use as a push vehicle. We tested without the body as we weren't sure the scheme was going to work. Probe on the front of the quad engages a tube on the chassis above the chute cans. The chute doors are spring loaded so they will close when the liner pulls away from the push.  I was able to push the liner up to my personal speed limit with no problems. We made three passes of about a mile each with Russ getting up to 82 MPH, slowing and making a big loop to come back to the starting point. We also tested a tow attachment to the front of the quad so we could tow it to the staring line behind the liner trailer. Russ also tried wearing my son's NecksGen head restraint, no problem strapping in or bailing out. We want to change to this type device as the Hutchens type we have is just too much of a pain to get him strapped in being sure that the multiple straps are properly placed and tightened.
     Clutch release was not a problem, I sure hope speedweek comes to fruition.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:06:41 PM by jdincau »
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 09:06:35 PM »
Looking good.

That blue must be the team color -- looks great!

Good seeing you Saturday -- I was a little pre-occupied.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records