Author Topic: Mopar Slant Six  (Read 16588 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Mopar Slant Six
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 05:15:21 PM »
Some time ago there was a slant six made to stand up straight, in a Stude running in F/FC as I remember. What I liked about it besides the car and engine, was the exhaust pipe injection. No throttles. Pedal just controlled the metering block. He told me it ran fine except when it caught fire.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 07:48:52 PM »
Must have been left over from the Team Fercockta F(?)/Fuel Roadster that ran at El Mirage in the 70s.  Held the record for quite a few years, I believe.  No butterflies, either.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »
Here's another photo that didn't make it thru . . .
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline RichFox

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 08:30:43 PM »
I remember the name. May have been 70s or early 80s. Ran good.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
ratpatrol66 - here's a pic of my 'leaning tower of power'.  Sorry it took me so long, I've been trying to figure out how to shrink my photo enough for it to post here.

It's all pretty simple in there.  Note the old school 'cool can' mounted on the RH fender well.

Yes, the magic to this build does seem to be in the head.  Unfortunately, that's what broke and sent us home early.  (Excessive porting found the water jacket.)  A new head, an exact duplicate, is already under construction; hope it runs as well as the original.

Back at it next Speed Week.  Thanks all for your interest in my little 'cuda - it's been a lot of fun!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »
Boy I like nice, clean, simple cars and this one exemplifies what I like.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2013, 03:38:50 PM »
Clean, clean, clean. Doesn't suprise me after looking at the rest of the car. Very well done Bob!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 01:47:36 AM »
Nah... unblown 170 c.i. can't possibly push it that fast. Must be some sort of forced-induction device hidden in that monstrous intake air ducting... :roll:
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 12:47:32 PM »
When I looked at it isn't that a Holley type 2 barrel on there too ? Looks like something yould run in a limited Nascar  2 barrel class. { a high CFM type}Sorry if I made anyone feel worse

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »
I saw it at SW in the lanes and it sure was a clean looking car. Shouldve went back to the pits to check it out now that ive seen the pic with the hood open. Looks ready for a Saturday night car show. Very nice  :-)

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 03:20:02 PM »
Nice looking engine, heck the whole cars looks great.