Author Topic: Lambretta 175 S-F  (Read 14207 times)

Offline fastlammy

Re: Lambretta 175 S-F
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
Well have been a lil quite for a while but have been busy, but not as much with this project as i would like!

Been trying to sort out my recently finished vespa, has taken a lil longer than ive hped a will need to go back for another dyno as we had an electrical problem last time, which stopped us final tuning the igntech ECU, any way just waiting on a new exhaust from Germany and it will be back to the dyno.

got a free Sunday so started some machine work on the engine for the test rig.

machined the side cover down to remover the kick start, going to make a rolling starter.

Here is the start of the billet head for the motor, as you an see it is a lot larger than the standard head to aid cooling, im also currently looking for info on Kawasaki H1 pistons, im currently considering using a wiesco version for this motor but need to find if the ring pegs are in the right place, so if any one has any info or can point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Offline makr

• I make my own rules
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 10:37:08 PM »
What size bore?

Dont make an aircooled cylinder. It is not worth the anguish.
Ride fast, safety last.

https://speedofcheeseracing.com/

Offline fastlammy

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »
60mm makr, engine is going to be 60x 60, yes i was going to keep it air cooled, but it is going to be run on methanol

Offline Jon

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
Good to see you back Nicholai.

I would vote for a water jacket too, keeping heat under control is a whole lot easier with water.

jon
Underhouse Engineering
Luck = Opportunity + Preparation^3

Offline fastlammy

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »
Thanks Jon,

Slowly making progress, got a crank coming for the motor, going to have another chat with my tuner and see if thinks. I need to jacket the barrel was hoping not to if i ran it on methanol, but i can see your and makr's point .