Landracing Forum Home
November 21, 2017, 01:26:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BMMP/C Ranger  (Read 7153 times)
93SVT5.0TT
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

Hi Joe, I got the kit from Jeg's actually. It is designed for NHRA, and best I can tell from the rule book, a cage built to NHRA will pass for SCTA. But, yes, I am also checking and measuring again before each weld Smiley 

Glen
Global Moderator

SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »

On you vaccum tubing route it thru five sleeve. It won't take much heat.Is the roll bar 1-5/8 .120, wall?  Double with the truck committee.

Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah
tauruck

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:55 PM »

Thanks Mike! How's the other side of the world this time of year?
It's not hockey season, that's for sure. It's hot and we had our first thunderstorm last night. grin
Your project is coming along nicely. When you fit the cage tie it into the cab where ever you can. (Ron Fournier, Metal Fabricator's Handbook).

93SVT5.0TT
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »

Hey Glen,
Will do on the vacuum line, was planning to do that near the turbos anyhow.  smiley Roll cage is mainly 1 5/8" .134 wall. With the NHRA rules, the cage cannot be below 0.118 in any place and 0.120 wall usually doesn't make the thickness requirement in the bends, once typical manufacturing tolerance is included. So 0.134 is the best we can do. The less critical parts are from 1 1/4" 0.134 wall. Are there contact names/emails for the truck committee on the website somewhere?

Mike, good to hear you've heard of hockey haha jk  cheers should be only of the start of rainy season there I imagine...  undecided
Good point on the tying into the body, especially since the body on these trucks are essentially 2 shells glued together  shocked

saltracer1

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 06:05:37 AM »

I've used some of the Jegs kit myself, but replaced the 1 1/4 pieces with 1 5/8 though out. You can get replacement 1 5/8 from Jegs pretty cheap. Phil
tauruck

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2013, 05:18:37 AM »

Hey Glen,
Will do on the vacuum line, was planning to do that near the turbos anyhow.  smiley Roll cage is mainly 1 5/8" .134 wall. With the NHRA rules, the cage cannot be below 0.118 in any place and 0.120 wall usually doesn't make the thickness requirement in the bends, once typical manufacturing tolerance is included. So 0.134 is the best we can do. The less critical parts are from 1 1/4" 0.134 wall. Are there contact names/emails for the truck committee on the website somewhere?

Mike, good to hear you've heard of hockey haha jk  cheers should be only of the start of rainy season there I imagine...  undecided
Good point on the tying into the body, especially since the body on these trucks are essentially 2 shells glued together  shocked

I'm a rare bird. I know what a Newfie is and who we call a Quebeqois.  grin grin grin

Kiwi Paul

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

What Phil said. ALL CAGE TUBES must conform to the minimum requirements in the Rule Book....The only exceptions I am thinking would be for the seat back reinforcements, as discussed on some other Builds here. I`m not the Tech Chief though, so run all your stuff through the Committee Chair for your Class.... wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: