Author Topic: City of Burbank 2.0  (Read 31617 times)

Offline JoeBlystfk

• Bonneville 2012 City of Burbank Streamliner 60 years
Re: City of Burbank 2.0
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2013, 07:57:13 PM »
Made it to SLC. Time get something besides road food, a good nites sleep and get up early to head west.

See u on the salt

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2013, 12:48:28 AM »
Made it. All in one piece. Got some of tech inspection done. Had some things to modify, including the driver. Gotta send out for some axle grease to get him in and out. Just happy to be here. Thanks for watching.....

:cheers:   :cheers:   :cheers:

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2013, 10:14:04 PM »
Got all of our tech isssues sorted out. Hired a driver that could get out of the car with all the gear on. Lined up last night to make arun but the wind took control of the course. Came out early today to try again.
Lined up on course 1 and waited.......... Finally, made an easy pass down the course to the 5.
Chute worked car ran came back intact. It was a great 12 hour day.
More tomorrow.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »
... Finally, made an easy pass down the course to the 5.
Chute worked car ran came back intact. It was a great 12 hour day...
That's good to hear- congratulations!
[I hope your "12 hour day" reference wan't in extreme sarcasm?]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:40:51 PM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:10 AM »
No just a  note to self that I was at the salt from 7 to 7 and need to be there at 7 again tomorrow. I am sure its the same for everyone and its probably a good thing they toss you out at 8.

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »
Well its all over. We had more fun than should be allowed. Only lost 1 trailer tire 100 miles from home. We spent so much time getting the car finished and out to Utah that we really didn't prepare to run the car. In that I mean, running a car is serious stuff. Things need to be checked rechecked adjusted, modified etc. It was difficult even to get the thing jacked up. It took 3 people to get it in and out of the trailer. The crew had never been to the salt before and had to return to Indy on Monday. We made one run and decided to stop while we were ahead. This car had never turned a wheel before we got there. It went down the long course without a pause. 5 miles, not so fast, but nothing broke, fell off, caught fire or blew up. That was a win for me. It was a joy to see the smile on the face of the old man at the staring line 61 years after he first went to Bonneville with the City of Burbank. You can't put a price on that.
A big thanks to all of our supporters and those that came by to say hey.

And check this out.   http://blogs.hotrod.com/the-city-of-burbank-streamliner-returns-to-speed-week-71301.html

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
It was a joy to see the smile on the face of the old man at the staring line 61 years after he first went to Bonneville with the City of Burbank. You can't put a price on that.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the build---My eyes enjoyed and my mind floated back to grade school----

But the honor of getting to introduce myself to the young man you mention above at the photo shoot was priceless---the getting to meet some of the many legends who came before us---makes me thankful to have in such a small way--- the direct connection----Thank you MR Bill Davis aka Tiny--

We honor you, what you did and what you inspired!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:09:47 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Tman

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
Car looked killer on the salt. Good job.

Offline Graham in Aus

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:49 PM »
Sadly, even after 6 days on the salt, your car (out of 550 entries!) was one I did not get to see!

Looks great against the salt in the pics though!

Congratulations!   :cheers:

Offline JoeBlystfk

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »
Ghosts of the past...

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 8-)