Landracing Forum Home
November 22, 2017, 10:47:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New build, new to LSR, APS/G 1350cc  (Read 1029 times)
Jruff5585
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:09:29 AM »

First what photo hosting sites are any good, I have photobucket but I'm not going to pay to post pics. The motor is going together, basics are CP Pistons, ti rods, billet crank and the head work by Vance and Hines. Frame, gen 1 with gen 2 everything else. Bodywork is Airtech Hayabusa B. Since Bridgestone 003's are no longer in production I went with the RS 10's. Next step I guess is put the bike together while I wait for the bodywork it should be ready in two to three weeks. Next I need to gather fuel lines, kill switch, fuel shut off, battery switch, sprockets and double check the rule book for anything else I will need to purchase.
Seldom Seen Slim
Administrator

Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!

« Reply #16 on: Today at 12:50:16 PM »

Better than checking the rulebook for forgotten items -- is to get a copy of the Inspection sheet and go through what you're going to need to get through inspection.

Safety wires, tire age dates, full length metal chain guard, steering stops - stuff like that.

Have fun!  Remember that the inspectors want you to be able to race, too. cheers

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com
RansomT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:05:49 PM »

First what photo hosting sites are any good, I have photobucket but I'm not going to pay to post pics. The motor is going together, basics are CP Pistons, ti rods, billet crank and the head work by Vance and Hines. Frame, gen 1 with gen 2 everything else. Bodywork is Airtech Hayabusa B. Since Bridgestone 003's are no longer in production I went with the RS 10's. Next step I guess is put the bike together while I wait for the bodywork it should be ready in two to three weeks. Next I need to gather fuel lines, kill switch, fuel shut off, battery switch, sprockets and double check the rule book for anything else I will need to purchase.

1) Why ti rods and billet crank on a 1350 Busa class motor?

2) you do know that the Airtech "B" is designed to work with a Gen 1 and not a Gen 2?
Jruff5585
New folks

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Today at 03:19:11 PM »

[/quote]

1) Why ti rods and billet crank on a 1350 Busa class motor?

2) you do know that the Airtech "B" is designed to work with a Gen 1 and not a Gen 2?
[/quote]

Billet crank, Ti rods because 15:1 CR and they are less likely to spin a bearing at higher rpm's and I'm looking for a gen 1 cylinder block to go bigger at some point.

Spoke with Airtech when I made the order. You are correct about the gen 1, they told me the B body front will bolt up to the gen 2 stock fairing mounts and the rear bolts up to the gen 1 subframe but they have directions on the web site on how to modify the gen 2 subframe to fit

On the inspection sheet, I read through it but using it as a check sheet is a great idea thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: